AgMag Grade 2 Lesson & Activity Ideas
Dig “Em Up
In this lesson students will investigate the functions of roots, recognize the difference between a tap and fibrous root system, and identify the roots of some plants as edible.
Students will identify the structure and function of six plant parts and classify fruits and vegetables according to which parts of the plants are edible.
Why People Need Plants
The purpose of this lesson is to teach students that plants provide people with food, clothing, shelter, and many other things that we use in our daily lives.
Additional MAITC Resources
- Agriculture is Everywhere Poster
- Where Does your Pizza Come From? Poster
- Where Does your Cheeseburger Come From? Poster
- Cream of the Crop - A Harvest of Specialty Crop Lessons
- Minnesota School Garden Guide
- Video Library